Saturday, January 8, 2011

Buck rubs

I like to get out after the archery season ends to check for buck rubs.  A person hates to desturb any hunting area during the season, snooping around.  Plus, you can walk thru areas likes swamps and bogs once things freeze up good. But my ultimate motive is to stumble upon an antler shed.  A friend's neighbor already found one up by Duluth this year. 


             
This rub makes me wanna cry.  In 2009 I hunted one evening, saw nothing, went home. The next morning(same spot), this tree was ripped to shreds.  Isn't that the way it goes?!

This one looks old also, but it's deep.

This one's cool, you can see where each tine rubbed!

A hard rub on a little tree.

I think the deer that did this needed anger management!

This one spans a good length on the tree.


No comments:

Post a Comment